In South Carolina unmet child care demand is causing workforce shortages and absences. As an employer, you can support your workforce’s child care needs and decrease the need for missed work days, attract a high-quality employee pool, and strengthen the workforce.
As an employer, there are several options to support your workforce’s child care needs. This can look like:
- Surveying and determining the needs of employees to develop flexible and supportive child care policies
- Developing employee materials on finding quality child care, services offered by SC CCR&R, and information on child care scholarships
- Reserving slots for staff at a local child care program
- Offering Pre-tax flex spending accounts
- Providing tuition/scholarship benefits
- Opening an on-site or near-site child care program
Find our full digital employer support guide here. If you're interested in having SC CCR&R help you begin the process of supporting employee's child care access, please contact our Community Engagement Manager.
Interactive Child Care Business Analysis Map
In pursuit of helping employers make the most informed child care decisions, SC CCR&R is excited to now offer our Child Care Business Analysis Map. Amongst other data points, this interactive map includes population, median household income, and child care spending. By utilizing this map, you can understand the local demographic makeup of your business’s county and child care needs.